Pope Francis, Malachy’s Prophecy & the New World Order
Last week saw the new pope unveiled, 76 year old Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, a Jesuit from Buenos Aires, Argentina, now known as the 266th pope – Francis I. He is the first pope in history from the Americas, the southern hemisphere and the first non-European pope in 1,282 years, who also speaks over five different languages and has good ties with other religions.
He is also the first Jesuit pope.
He is said to be a humble, friendly guy who traveled on buses and the tube, who cares deeply about the poor, denounced child abuse in Buenos Aires, is anti-abortion, respects homosexuals and in 2001 he even visited a hospice, where he washed and kissed the feet of 12 AIDS patients.
On the surface this new pope seems the perfect choice for the new role and a decent man with a heart for the poor, but how does this new development fit in with Bible prophecy?
Many Christians will agree that the end is very near, due to the ever increasing ‘signs of the times’ as described in Matthew chapter 24 and the book of Revelation in the Bible. Some are suggesting this new pope is the last and final pope, the false prophet who will partner with the anti-Christ in the ‘new world order’ to deceive the nations into receiving the ‘mark of the beast,’ the RFID (666) implantable microchip as mentioned in Revelation 13:16.
Although I’m very cautious of non-biblical prophecy, 12th Century Saint Malachy was said to have predicted the last pope…
Prophecy of the Popes
If you haven’t heard of the prophecies of Saint Malachy, he was a 12th Century Irish Archbishop who is said to have predicted 112 future popes, whose prophecies were later published by Benedictine monk Arnold Wion in 1595. Although the Catholic church dismissed this prophecy as forgery, many credit Malachy with the prediction of Pope Benedict XVI, as he described the second from last pope as “Gloria Olivae” meaning “the glory of the olive.” The Order of Saint Benedict had a branch called The Olivetans.
On the last pope, Malachy’s prophecy reads…
“In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End.”
Due to the latest pope’s name being Jorge Mario Bergoglio, now a.k.a. Francis I, and not ‘Peter,’ many have now dismissed the idea altogether that the new pope is the last pope in Malachy’s ‘prophecy of the popes.’
However some interesting internet theories suggest a closer look at the new pope could actually validate him as Malachy’s last pope ‘Peter the Roman.’
- Although Frances I, (now the bishop of Rome) was born in Argentina, he has Italian parents, therefore Italian blood. Italian is synonymous with ‘Roman’
- Jorge chose Francis for his papal name, BECOMING pope Francis in honor of Italian Saint Francis of Assisi. Francis of Assisi, was born Francesco di Pietro (‘peter’) di Bernardone
- ‘Assisi’ also refers to an meteorite that fell to earth in Italy in 1886. A meteorite is a rock. Peter is associated with the rock. (Matthew 16:18)
- The Pope’s original last name ‘Bergoglio,’ translates as ‘Berg’ = mountain (rock/petrus, again associated with ‘Peter’).
- The ‘gog’ in ‘BerGOGlio,’ could also be referred to ‘Gog’ and ‘Mahog’ in the book of Revelation. Gog and Magog in the Bible symbolize a worldwide Satanic confederacy in the end-times.
- After Pope Benedict XVI resigned last month, lightning struck the St Peter’s Basilica twice. In the Bible, thunder and lightning are spoken of as tokens of God’s wrath or judgment on the world.
Could this signal the beginning of the end as spoken of in the book of Revelation?
Only time will tell…
John Paul II stated, “One-World Government is inevitable”